Monday, April 27, 2015

Inamorato

Sex? Yes I'm familiar with the concept,
But I've barely walked in the room and your fingers part, as though to make way for the skin they want to touch,
But oh, when we kissed we unraveled, unbecoming and becoming, like two rivers in the mouth of the ocean, 
But when we are just bodies stitched together with the thread of need, your eyes still sought mine, 
But we find each other, in crowds and in our private spaces, like roots seek beads of water hidden in stone,
But my mouth knows the lines of your body, all of them, lips mold to your shapes, the hard and the soft of you, 
But your tongue is laced with the heroin of me, like a true addict, taking hit after perilous hit, twirling in the Russian roulette,
But when we move together, we are lighting and thunder; electricity deliciously rippling through water,
But when you are in the depths of me, I surrender, the saffron-red evening sun diving into the open-armed horizon,
But in the music of our urgent whispers of our bodies, I've forgotten the name I've been known by, the number on my street stile,
But I know the auroral scar on the chest of your heart, the callouses on the soles of your feet and the bottom of your soul...through fear, toil and sleep,
But I, you, you and I, we are a symphony, we are melodies of smiles and simpers, whispers and moans, of thoughts and dreams, of hurts and bleeds, of life and life,
But  even when you have left, your love warms the sheets, even as my heart and hopes leave pinned to your shirtsleeves,
But in the ebbing of our pulse, we smile into the curves of each other, we are triumphant, we are ecstatic, we are bathed in sweet sweat and the noiseless sounds of each other's names,
So, no, this isn't sex, not as in just-sex sex, not as in making-love sex, not as in pick-me-up sex....
'US' is a collective noun....


No comments: