Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Three words too few


There are days when 'I love you', is not nearly enough, 
When I am battered for the words to tell you how I feel, 
There should be better words, words that sing, words that bleed, words that bloom and whither all at once, 
How about, 'I the-perfect-orb-of-your-shaven-head-is-my-world you'?
How about, 'I feel-liquid-when-you-gather-me-in-your-arms you'? 
How about, 'I my-fingers-search-for-you-to-touch-even-when-there's-no-you you'? 
How about, 'I laugh-at-our-post-coital-jokes-in-bed-alone you'?
How about, 'I can't-say-goodbye-not-for-five-minutes-of-separation you'?
How about, 'I your-voice-has-brought-me-back-to-life you'? 
How about, 'I would-wait-at-street-corners-forever-to-see-you you'?
How about, 'I can-hear-the-symphonies-in-our-silences you'?
How about, 'I stare-at-you-stare-at-me-and-the-world-stops you'? 
How about, 'I don't-wanna-wash-my-hair-to-preserve-your-scent you'?
How about, 'I will-never-let-go-of-a-world-you-are-in you'? 
How about, 'I love-you-will-never-be-enough-for-our-love you...'?

No comments: