Sunday, November 20, 2016

Perpendicular Paths

A lover of corners. That’s who I am. They are dark and cozy and nurse my despair,
I have come to look for corners. You should look too and find me there,
‘tis been a many long night, a prickly road, a starless sky, a bumpy ride,
I have come to belong to my corners, they welcome me home, I don’t like the wide open  I don’t have the tools,
I am a maze of corners, You will find them everywhere. Things used to grow here, now there’s only the bare,
I brew potions in the corners. Don’t be fooled, you won’t be spared, the things that lurk inside me will swallow you without a care,
Good and gold you are, whole and supple, luscious and plentiful, warm and vigorous, loving and loved
I want to give you more than corners, but I’m afraid they’re all I have. I was an open field once too,

Let’s not talk about it, it makes me sad

No comments: